- Avoid shampoos with sulfate and pH < 7
- Use a MOISTURIZING shampoo
- Always condition hair after shampoo
- Comb hair from bottom up using a wide tooth comb or detangling brush with ball tips
- Sleep with a satin bonnet or satin pillowcase
- Wash every 5-7 days to remove buildup
- Always rinse with lukewarm water
- Let air dry
- Do not cut wefts to help prevent shedding and tangling
- Avoid using certain oils on the hair. We recommend using natural oils such as Argan, Almond or Coconut.
- Avoid ALCOHOL based products (will severely dry out the hair and possibly ruin your investment)
- Never sleep with wet hair
- Braid hair or place in a ponytail every night to bed
- A ton of styling products are not necessary (very minimal will do)
- Keep all heated styling tools below 450 degrees to prevent damage to extensions
Curly / Wavy Upkeep
- Curly/Wavy hair extensions require more maintenance and will require more of your time to maintain.
- Using a Denman brush with straight tips works well with curly/wavy texture
- Use a spray bottle filled with water and apply to hair daily
- Apply a natural oil every 2-3 days to prevent hair from looking dry
- Use a heat protectant to straighten for best results
- Co-wash every 3-4 days, shampoo weekly to remove buildup
- For a "wet" look, add conditioner and water to spray bottle and apply
Closure and Frontal
- Please be very careful when caring for your closures or frontals. These pieces are very delicate and require very special handling. In other words, care for your closures/frontals as you would baby hairs.
- Delicacy will prevent “balding” from occurring. Balding is described as hair strands removed from closure/frontal, thus creating a bald spot.
- Do not tug, scratch or heavy-handle your investment. Always place one hand on the closure/frontal while combing with the opposite hand to decrease tension to the piece.
- When washing your piece, use gentle strokes when shampooing and conditioner (conditioner only washes are preferred).
- Next gently comb from bottom to top and allow to air dry.
- Do NOT place any products directly on the closure/frontal.